Drip Pan Elbows
Dante Valve recommends the use of a Drip Pan Elbow in conjunction with a steam service safety valve. Drip Pan Elbows can prevent injury and damage to people, equipment or supplies located near the safety valve or discharge piping. When attached to a safety valve outlet, the Drip Pan Elbow collects, removes and returns condensate to safe areas, and isolates the valve from discharge piping stresses. This keeps the safety valve from filling with water.
Drip Pan Elbows also help improve the performance and longevity of the safety valve by alleviating axial loads, preventing defective operations and shut-off. Drip Pan Elbows are compatible with all ASME safety valves and are easily installed on female NPT or flanged outlets.
Dante Valve offers Drip Pan Elbows featuring consistently high quality workmanship and materials. We stock all sizes 3/4″ through 10″ for immediate delivery.
Depending on specific usage, Dante Valve recommends a Drip Pan Elbow be
used in conjunction with the following Kunkle steam safety valves:
- Kunkle Valves 6000 model series – steam, air and gas relief valves
- Kunkle Valve model 6252 and 6254 – air, gas and steam relief valves
- Kunkle Valves model 300 and 600 – air gas and steam relief valves
- Kunkle Valve model 537 – low pressure steam and hot water boiler safety valve
- Kunkle Valves 900 model series including the 910 air, gas, steam and liquid valves, 912 air, gas, steam and liquid valves, and 930 low pressure steam valve models.
- Kunkle Models 40R, 40RL – steam service and sentinel relief valve
- Kunkle Valve 260 series steam relief valves
Drip Pan Elbows must be provided with a suitable unrestricted self-draining source.
The length of discharge piping must be minimized.
For flanged outlets, companion flanges, drip pan elbow and short nipple must be the same size as valve outlet or larger.