Made with cast iron and bronze trim, this tough valve is used with fire pump service (UL and FM approved – models 218 and 228), overpressure relief and protection of pumps, tanks, lines and hydraulic systems. Also good with pressure regulation, optional stainless steel trim available.
Cast Iron Liquid Relief Valves
- Model 91: Bronze or stainless steel trim with pressure-tight cap. Suitable for maximum back pressure of 60 PSIG. Variation “03” for field adjustability.
- Model 218: Bronze or stainless steel trim. UL and FM approved for fire pump installations. Special design offers minimum set pressure of 60 PSIG. Easily adjustable with handwheel to 200
- PSIG (175 PSIG with optional 125# inlet flange).
- Model 228: Bronze or stainless steel trim with pressure-tight cap. UL and FM approved for fire pump installations. Suitable for maximum back pressure of 60 PSIG. Supplied with handwheel.
- Bolted bonnet permits easy inspection and servicing without removal from system.
- Quality cast iron body and bonnet, insert and disc are available in either bronze or stainless steel (SS) and lapped for optimum performance.
- Springs are steel with plating for corrosion protection.
- High lift, wing-guided disc offers high relieving capacity. Pivot between disc and spring corrects misalignment and compensates for spring side thrust.
- Each Kunkle valve is tested and inspected for pressure setting and leakage.
- Fire pump service, UL 1478 listed and FM approved (Models 218, 228).
- Overpressure relief and protection of pumps, tanks, lines and hydraulic systems.
- Pressure regulation.
Pressure and Temperature Limits:
- Model 91
- 5 to 400 PSIG
- -20° to 406°F
- Models 218, 228
- 60 to 200 PSIG
- -20° to 406°F
- Variation 02: SS trim (insert and disc).
- Female x female NPT connections (1 1/2“ to 4” sizes).
- Inlet and outlet flanges per ANSI B16.1-125#. Limited to 175 PSIG maximum set pressure.
- Epoxy-coated internal body and bonnet. Temperature limit 125°F [52°C].