ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dante Valve is a family owned company that manufactures valves for military and industrial applications. We have been in business for over 50 years, and are committed to our vision of protecting those who protect us. Our work is driven by our values of Quality, Responsibility and Service. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for growth along with excellent benefits including 401(k), profit sharing plan, medical & dental, paid holidays, vacation plan and sick leave.
Our employees are our most treasured asset and in addition to offering a generous compensation and benefit package, we work hard to build a culture of caring, respect and appreciation for all that they do.
The Contract Administrative Assistant helps the Program Manager to effectively enforce contracts made with customers and government agencies. They prepare contract documents, set up meetings for the manager, communicate with the government and maintain contract files.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Knowledgeable about acquisition processes, DFAR/FAR clauses and contract processing.
- Prepare bids; look up military specifications, and other reports; compile and analyze data; and maintain historical information.
- Monitor online portals for opportunities, assess and suggest opportunities for bidding.
- Monitor and track compliance to contract requirements.
- Review requests for quotation received from customers and assists in the preparation of the company’s bid.
- Review contracts received from customers and coordinates the company’s response in compliance with the contract.
- Prepare software submittals, identifies pre-shipment functional testing needs and submits software to customers in accordance with contract.
- Maintain database of contract due dates and works with the production department to ensure dates are met.
- Review correspondence concerning contracts and respond as necessary.
- Review government specifications to ensure compliance.
- Quote products to existing and prospective customers.
- Assist in other work areas and perform all other related duties, as needed and directed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Defense Logistics Agency and Navy contracts is preferred.
- Working knowledge of DFAR and FAR.
- MIL-STD-2073 and MIL-STD-129 knowledge a plus.
- Working knowledge of DIBBS, FEDBIZOPPS, NECO, WAWF, and VSM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organization skills.
- Keen attention to detail with an ability to spot errors. Action-oriented and proactive work ethic a must.
- Open communication, positive and personable attitude a must.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check including a drug screen.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- E-Verify Employer.
- Job Type: Full Time